Cub Cadet LTX 1050 won,t charge battery,quit running

oldtoys

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2010 Cub Cadet LTX 1050 with the Kawasaki FR651V-ASO8 motor that quit running.It worked fine when I put it in storage last fall,but when I started it up this summer the electric pto clutch was making grinding noise and battery wouldn't charge.Replaced pto clutch,stator, regulator,battery,checked the fuse.The key safety switch,used when backing up during mowing, still doesn't work,you can back up while mowing and it won't shut deck off.Been charging battery and mowing yard while trying to figure out the problem.Now the tractor just quit in middle of mowing and won't start.Has spark and gas to carb.Any help with these issues?

KrashnKraka

Threads
I have a 2010 Cub Cadet LTX 1050 with the Kawasaki FR651V-ASO8 motor that quit running.It worked fine when I put it in storage last fall,but when I started it up this summer the electric pto clutch was making grinding noise and battery wouldn't charge.
[...]
Any help with these issues?
Pure speculation however given your reported storage
condition, or rather the results of, I would offer the corrosion
migration has entered maybe even internals of
switches/solenoids/spade connects.
The charging circuit beyond the rotor is obviously not
functional and regardless of cause you are going to have
address the corrosion problem in future so as to not repeat
the process each Spring.
Start with the wiring diagram for the CC, and from Kawa get the
output specs and loom connects for that engine.

Trust that helps some.

oldtoys

Forum Newbie
Threads
It was in dry storage with no signs of corrosion. Now when I try to start it it'll fire at first try then just turns over not firing. Like its not getting gas into carburetor

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It was in dry storage with no signs of corrosion. Now when I try to start it it'll fire at first try then just turns over not firing. Like its not getting gas into carburetor

If its not getting gas to the carburetor it wouldn't run. I would check that first. The very first thing replace filters, cheap insurance. If you are getting a good flow to the carburetor then you have a carburetor problem. Bad solenoid, stuck needle valve, water in the fuel. I would suggest a carburetor kit and a good cleaning if that is the case.. Sounds to me like you are spending big money buying parts and just hoping to find the problems?