Cub Cadet 1430 problems

DaBear1950

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello folks,
New guy here. I bought a CC 1430 a couple of weeks ago for $500.All seemed well the first time I used it until I got too close to a tree with the bagging attachment and had a sudden stop.I tried to re-start the mower and observed gas sloshing out of both exhausts. I looked at the carb and gas was leaking rapidly out of it somewhere.I had just filled the tank up after using what little was in it which the owner assured me was fresh.To make a long story short I re-built the carb ,changed the oil and fliter and put a new choke cable on. Mowed with it Saturday and it ran a lot better .I mowed until I ran out of gas. I pushed it under a shade tree and went out to day to start it after filling it up and low and behold it won't start and gas is running out the left exhaust and the carb again. WTH? Two days ago it ran all day just fine ...today ....back to the seemingly same problem. Advice?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...
Check the float in the carb... it sounds like it is sticking when empty of fuel, then remaining in the down position and Not raising to shut the needle valve when fuel fills the bowl... :smile:KennyV