Crankcase pressure - blowing oil

gerryi

Forum Newbie
Threads
I put new rings in my JD212 (Kohler 301AQS) engine. It was blowing oil. It still blows oil from the breather tube into the carb. and blows the dipstick out of the filler. Anyone know why crankcase pressure is so high...thanks

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I put new rings in my JD212 (Kohler 301AQS) engine. It was blowing oil. It still blows oil from the breather tube into the carb. and blows the dipstick out of the filler. Anyone know why crankcase pressure is so high...thanks

I would say you would have a piston problem. You say you installed rings. Something you just might of missed?? Proper ring gap? Wrong rings? Bad cylinder walls? Bad piston? I would recheck your ring job. Anyone can make a mistake or miss something.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads

Elaborate on the work you did putting on the new rings.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Gerryi, Hope you did not just put in new rings. I will exaggerate here. A round ring in an oval or tapered cylinder won't work. Also a shiny glazed cylinder will not seat a new ring. Sorry, just fundamentals, and forgive if all that was done. BTW I have considerable crankcase pressure in my (?good? running) Intek. Enough to put out an oily haze if I stand over the dipstick tube with it running. Keep in touch with your problem and hope it is solved. :thumbsup: