Export thread

Craftsman zero turn Z6000 - Rough Idle/Backfires

mrbeaver1978

mrbeaver1978

I have about a 3 year old craftsman zero turn Z6000 mower. I recently had it full serviced (plugs, belts, oil change) because it started idling rough and backfiring. When i got it back it ran great and i mowed my entire acre and a half with it. The next time is started it it started popping and idling rough again. One thing i noticed is it stops doing this when i engage the blades. I did change the air filter on it because there is an indicator that stated to clean air filter. Even after that the indicator still says that and i dont know how to clear it. I am thinking about changing fuel filter next but any one have any ideas of other things to try? I do run ethanol free fuel in it.

M

mechanic mark

Read your Operators Manual & Engine Manual & see troubleshooting section in Operators Manual. If you have 100 hrs. on engine it's time to clean cooling fins on both cylinders, do not use water it will cause corrosion & rust in electrical system & bearings, I remove Blower Housing & clean engine by hand & with Shop Vac. Let us know if this helps, thanks, Mark

B

bertsmobile1

The carb idle circuit is partially clogged
It needs to be removed and cleaned
You will find step by step photo instructions at outdoor power info.com