craftsman tractor towing

boston

Threads
I have a 42" craftsman tractor and I was wondering if I got a grass catcher, would I still be able to tow a cart with it. It seems like there's not too much room if the catcher is on

benski

Threads
I have a 42" craftsman tractor and I was wondering if I got a grass catcher, would I still be able to tow a cart with it. It seems like there's not too much room if the catcher is on

I suppose you could always extend the tongue on the trailer to get out past the grass bags, but for the big boys, they usually use a self powered bagger and self contained trailer out behind the mower.$$$:cool::licking::biggrin:

Dangeroustoys56

Threads
I have bagger setups on a couple MTD's - the original hitch is about 2' under the bagger bracket - i happened to have a bolt on hitch from a late model simplicity , so i bolted the hitch on the bagger bracket - as long as its nothing heavy, it should tow a trailer fine.

One tractor i used for parts had this huge hommade hitch that bolted to the back of the tractor made from 1/4" steel - it wrapped around the back of the tractor chassis and bolted thru stock bolt locations and used a 1 1/2 trailer ball on it - i still have it in the shed.

boston

Threads
OK and would it make a difference if it was a 3 or 2 bin bagger?