Export thread

Craftsman Tractor Shop & Repair Manuals

wjjones

wjjones

Thank you for the link.

D

donp815

Thanks for the link. Realize its a year old, but my mower is older so it worked fine.

S

SaintlySins

Thank you for the Link.

It's got the articulated diagram and part numbers for my 2017 model ... right down to the silly "Pressure Nut" with part number used to hold a cosmetic piece in place.

Very helpful!

E

ELLIS

Thanks to lawn pro for the link to the manuals. Very helpful.

RoadGypsy

RoadGypsy

Is there anywhere to get a hard copy of a repair/shop manual? I guess I'm old.

azmntman

azmntman

Is there a new link.
Tried the one above and no longer there.

StarTech

StarTech

Just go to https://www.searspartsdirect.com and enter your model number. Sears recently redid their website so things have changed around

J

jerrydad

thank you for the link.

T

tylertown

I guess I’m just not smart enough but I can’t pull up the parts diagrams on the Sears parts direct site.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

after you type your model number in the search bar on sears site, it should take you here, then click on the diagram you need/
1628622631211.png

J

jerrycmorrow

looking for a service manual for the Craftsman 917.273760 lawn mower. got the ipl. anyone have one they could share or have any hints as to how to acquire one? TIA
jerry

B

bertsmobile1

there are no Craftsman manuals

M

MNMindbender

Is there anywhere to get a hard copy of a repair/shop manual? I guess I'm old.
I downloaded the service manual in pdf and then proceeded to 2-side print - 40 pages approx.

J

jerrycmorrow

I downloaded the service manual in pdf and then proceeded to 2-side print - 40 pages approx.
Any way to get a file?

B

bertsmobile1

Really ?
Seen a lo of Owners Manuals but am yet to ever see a Craftsman Service manual .

M

MNMindbender

Any way to get a file?
I don't recall specifically where I got the service manual. Use Edge to search for the Craftsman # Service/Repair Manual. Perhaps it was ereplacement or partstree, or kohler sites. Options available sometimes include a download button or you can sometimes print to a file on your computer or save the file to your computer. Best to know the engine details to get the correct manual. Mine is a for 730,735, 740, 745. There is some variations within the same engine.

J

jerrycmorrow

Will you send the pdf file?

J

jerrycmorrow

Can you send copy of the pdf file

B

bertsmobile1

Don't hold your breath.
Neither Husqvarna nor Murray produced service manuals.
Your mower has a 917 model number
The 917 codes out to Roper being the supplier
Roper had all of their mowers made by American Yard Products, a factory that Husqvarna Outdoor bought in the 90's when they split off from Sunbeam.
AYP never published any manuals because they were just the factory and did not own the IP for the mowers they made, that belongs to the individual brand names .
A poor service manual will go to better than 100 pages
a good one ( like JD ) will run to 500 pages
40 pages is an owners manual .
Some Craftsman owner manuals also had parts manuals included .Which will go 60 to 80 pages
I rather think this is what Mindbende has a copy of and has mistaken it for a proper service manual

B

bertsmobile1

John Deere used the same design to base their 100 series mowers on to the point that a lot of parts will directly swap from an AYP mower to a JD & visa versa
So your best bet will be the JD 100 series Technical Manual

J

jviews12

MTD 700 manual found here

surprisingly, it had some info I needed for MY mower (LT 2500).

J

jviews12

MTD service

MTD 700 similar to craftsman LT 2500
helped me out.
engine, see manufacture, I use u-tube and wrench, rarely manuals.

why manual in 3 parts, mabey because large size. gotta get all 3 files.

StarTech

StarTech

Data Harvested...TNX