Craftsman t110 stuck in super slomo gear (less than 1st)

raymondlee306

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Craftsman t110 stuck in super slomo gear (less than 1st)
I have a 3 year old craftsman T110. Late summer I started losing power going up hill. So I replaced the upper belt, lower belt, deck belt, spark plug and air filter. However I now believe the problem was in the clutch pedal as it now will not comeback past 5% of it travel in any gear. Meaning even in top gear I can go 0.01 mph and babies crawling pass me up. I cleaned every nook and cranny with a toothbrush but even kicking the pedal and prying on it with a 4’ pry bar won’t get it to move any further. What could be causing the pedal to not move all the way? I took a video showing the pedal wiggling to prove it’s not stuck but I can’t upload videos here. Thanks I’m advance

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I just people would get it thru their heads that we need the real model numbers instead of the layman mower hood model.

1700486434913.png

First did you install OEM (MTD) belts? If not then that part of the problem.

Make the variable speed pulley pivot is free of rust and wear. Ansd grease the pivot points.
1700487132154.png

Also must sure the rearward pulling spring is in place.

raymondlee306

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the info. I’ll check it out and see if that all seems good.

“I just people would get it thru their heads that we need the real model numbers instead of the layman mower hood model.”

-Sorry. I’ve never been a lawnmower forums before.

MowerNick

Threads
You may need to try to reset the vari pulley. To do so you need to be on flat ground. get on the tractor and start it up. While machine is running at full throttle you will need to put your shifter in neutral. Once in neutral release your brake pedal and make sure it come all the way back. (if you have a "gas" pedal than you would push that to the floor). After doing that try driving it and see if it helps. this is a common thing with the vari-drive machines. Alot of time you need to follow these steps if the machine stalls or runs out of gas while driving.