Craftsman Mower with Kohler CV15s Will not start

jph

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum and I am hoping you guys dont mind helping out a newbie. Here is my situation:

I have a Craftsman mower with the CV15s engine. It will turn over (crank) fine, but I cannot get her started. Swapped batteries with another known good one and no change. Should be fuel or spark right? So I started with spark and verified I am not getting any. Pulled the plug, replaced it with new, set the correct gap, still no spark.

Next I removed the blower housing, disconnected the the white wire (kill wire) from the ignition coil. Still no spark.

Next I Ohm'd out the ignition coil. The manual states it should read between 8,000 - 16,000 ohms between the plug wire end and the laminations. Mine read 14,000. Should be Ok, correct?

Not sure where my next move is, maybe the voltage regulator, but I thought that had more to do with the charging system than with the ignition. I could be wrong. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mower is a Craftsman Zero Turn
Engine: Kohler CV15s - Spec # 41588

Thanks in advanced for your help.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
With the wire on the ignition module unplugged and still no spark with known good plug, you have already find the problem.

jph

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the response.

Think its just a bad ignition coil that ohms out good? Anyone have any experience with that? Having a coil buzz out in the correct range, but still be bad?