Craftsman M215 Lawnmower - Stalls and won't start

EBorgman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Craftsman M215 Lawnmower which is several years old. A reoccurring issue is that it will start, I'll do some mowing and then it will die. I then attempt to restart it and it will sometimes go a bit longer then die again. Then I can't start it at all. Later, I'll come back to it after an hour or more and try again. Sometimes it will start right up and I can finish. Other times I just have to stop and put the thing away because I can't get it started.

I finally brought it into a repair shop and they gave it a tune up. When I attempted to cut the grass, it started and then stalled again and I couldn't restart it. The shop suggested the gas "was bad." They asked me to bring it back, which I did. I was told it ran for a 1/2 straight and they could find nothing wrong with it.

The next time I went to use it. It started right up and I cut the edge of a small bit of lawn, then it stalled and died and I couldn't get it restarted. Apparently, letting it run in the shop for 1/2 hour is a lot different than cutting grass for 2 minutes!

I've only used it about three times this year. I have no idea what to do. It's practically new, do I have to buy another mower?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We need to figure out if it is a fuel or ignition problem. Next time it happens check to see if it has spark. No spark means you have a coil which is either hot open or hot short. Time to replace the coil. If you have spark you have a fuel problem, which we will need all engine numbers before we can help you proceed.