Export thread

Craftsman LT2000 won’t start

P

punkmanmatthew

Hi all,
Bought a lt2000 46 inch 21 HP mower used the other day. It cranked and worked fine when the owner brought it and I mowed with it the same night I got it. After I mowed I turned it off to blow it off and then got back on to crank it and it wouldn’t start up. It will click and make a high wining noise and sometime turns the motor over once but won’t start. I thought it might be the battery so I bought a new one and installed it. It cranked after I installed it but kind of slowly managed to come on. I thought it was fine so let it sit for another week and now I tried to crank again today to mow amd same thing it just clicks and tries to crank but makes a wine noise and turs over sometimes once and other times just clicks and wines and won’t turn over.
Any help is appreciated on what it could be. Thanks!

S

slomo

Starter solenoid or bad grounds. Could be the starter too. Post up a video of it on youtube and link it here so we can see and hear what it is doing.

P

punkmanmatthew

Starter solenoid or bad grounds. Could be the starter too. Post up a video of it on youtube and link it here so we can see and hear what it is doing.
I ended up borrowing a battery jump box thing and the mower starts when I hook that up to the battery. Im going to mow around for a bit and see if that charges the new battery or helps anything at all and let you know.