Export thread

Craftsman LT1000

BIGxMONEY

BIGxMONEY

I have a craftsman lt 1000 riding lawn mower but when I release the clutch pedal you almost docs wheelie. It is way to touchy. Is this a brake problem or is the clutch grabbing to late.

Carscw

Carscw

You can adjust the clutch/ brake pedal a little but best advice I can give you is your going to have to learn a way to let the pedal out slower.
What I do is start out in lowest speed and shift up

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

metz12

metz12

I have a craftsman lt 1000 riding lawn mower but when I release the clutch pedal you almost docs wheelie. It is way to touchy. Is this a brake problem or is the clutch grabbing to late.

but its fun doing wheelies!

R

Rivets

I would check the idler pulley on the drive belt and the drive belt itself. Either the belt is worn and/or the idler pulley is worn. The pulley should move smoothly with no wobble.

S

Sturgisatv

I would check the idler pulley on the drive belt and the drive belt itself. Either the belt is worn and/or the idler pulley is worn. The pulley should move smoothly with no wobble.

I agree, sounds like one or both of those. Has it always been that way, or did it start doing it all at once? How long have you owned it?

BIGxMONEY

BIGxMONEY

That may help. Umm but I did hear that shifting while in motion isn't good for the mower. I do also know newer riders are equipped with the shift on the go option, unlike this one.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

That may help. Umm but I did hear that shifting while in motion isn't good for the mower. I do also know newer riders are equipped with the shift on the go option, unlike this one.

If anyone doesn't know what a shift-on-the-go mower is, you can find out in this thread (the most info on that is on page 3): http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/general-mower-discussion/13322-shift-go-mowers.html.