Export thread

Craftsman 4-cycle weedwhacker.

H

Hubba

Hey folk I hope this is the right place to put this,
I have a Craftsman weedwhacker (4-cycle) Model no 316.711971, It ran great until one day it wasn't running right, after checking everything I found a fuel line broken, I replaced the fuel line and it still wouldn't run I bought a carb and that didn't work, I cleaned the old carb and put it back on (New filter) now it starts but here is the problem, There is a line running to the filter housing that the engine oil is pouring out of, WHAT TO DO?

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

I have never worked on a 4 stroke trimmer, however that sounds to me like it might be a crankcase vent hose and it is dumping oil because of a faulty breather reed.'
breather hose is #7 however, i am not seeing a replaceable breather reed/one way valve.

H

Hubba

I have never worked on a 4 stroke trimmer, however that sounds to me like it might be a crankcase vent hose and it is dumping oil because of a faulty breather reed.'
breather hose is #7 however, i am not seeing a replaceable breather reed/one way valve.
Thank you Scrubcadet.

I

ILENGINE

Been awhile since I worked on one, but seem to remember a rubber disc type valve in the air cleaner housing.

H

Hubba

Been awhile since I worked on one, but seem to remember a rubber disc type valve in the air cleaner housing.
There is one that the hose hooks to.