Export thread

Considering Turf Tiger

R

Retired Lawman

I have very clean Cheetah I want to sell and replace with a Turf Tiger..I have the 31 h.p. Kawasaki air cooled engine on the Cheetah that has been trouble free..I either want the diesel, the 31 h.p. liquid cooled Kawasaki or the 35 h.p. air cooled Briggs on the Turf Tiger..The larger Briggs is $1900.00 cheaper than the Kawasaki...Is the Kawasaki that much better? All comments regarding engine choice appreciated...

cpurvis

cpurvis

How much more is the diesel and who makes it?

R

Retired Lawman

How much more is the diesel and who makes it?

I do not know

cpurvis

cpurvis

Looks like the diesel is a 25 hp, 3 cylinder Kubota.

It would be a no-brainer for me--that is the engine I would want.

R

Retired Lawman

Looks like the diesel is a 25 hp, 3 cylinder Kubota.

It would be a no-brainer for me--that is the engine I would want.

I dunno...Talked to my dealer today and he told me he has never sold a diesel..Maybe weight is a factor..

cpurvis

cpurvis

No doubt a three cylinder Kubota diesel will be heavier than a V-twin gas engine. That's where the durability comes from.

In addition to having more torque and making their power at lower rpm's, diesels are practically maintenance-free. Change the oil and filter, air filter and fuel filter is about all the maintenance you have to do.

jekjr

jekjr

What size deck is on your Cheeta? We run 3 Tiger Cats in our operation and I am strongly considering buying a Cheeta with a 72" deck for next year. We love the Tiger Cats. They are awesome little machines.

R

Retired Lawman

What size deck is on your Cheeta? We run 3 Tiger Cats in our operation and I am strongly considering buying a Cheeta with a 72" deck for next year. We love the Tiger Cats. They are awesome little machines.

61" Velocity

jekjr

jekjr

61" Velocity

I have a Turf Tiger II with a 35 HP Vanguard and 61" deck we are going to demonstrate Monday. Not sure what we are going to do.

R

Retired Lawman

I have a Turf Tiger II with a 35 HP Vanguard and 61" deck we are going to demonstrate Monday. Not sure what we are going to do.

Please report back!

jekjr

jekjr

Please report back!

I will and if I can get some time I will take some pictures. If we do not get rained out we have about 25 acres to cover.

T

Thegunpowder

I will and if I can get some time I will take some pictures. If we do not get rained out we have about 25 acres to cover.

That's the longest demo ever lol. What did you buy?