Export thread

CMM 1200 - should I replace circuit breaker again

R

randa021

I have a CMM 1200 that started stalling out frequently. It would restart after a 1-2 minute waiting period but might stall again in 1 minute or in 5. After reading forums I decided that the problem as likely the circuit breaker. I ordered a new one from 1800ToolRepair. After installing the problem resolved for approximately 2 months and now is back. My questions are as follows:
1. Did I get a bad part or is there something wrong with my mower that could be damaging the circuit breaker?
2. Is is worth replacing it again and if so should I risk the same supplier or try a different one?
3. How bad would it be to bypass the circuit breaker altogether?

Thanks for any advice or input!

BlazNT

BlazNT

I have a CMM 1200 that started stalling out frequently. It would restart after a 1-2 minute waiting period but might stall again in 1 minute or in 5. After reading forums I decided that the problem as likely the circuit breaker. I ordered a new one from 1800ToolRepair. After installing the problem resolved for approximately 2 months and now is back. My questions are as follows:
1. Did I get a bad part or is there something wrong with my mower that could be damaging the circuit breaker?
2. Is is worth replacing it again and if so should I risk the same supplier or try a different one?
3. How bad would it be to bypass the circuit breaker altogether?

Thanks for any advice or input!

1. It could be either. The reason a circuit breaker brakes is to much amperage draw. I would think the problem is the brushes need replacing. Black Decker MM875 MM1800 Mower 4 Pack Repl Shunt Brush 242273 00 4pk | eBay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgA_mSS8tk4
2. No real answer for that question.
3. Very. The breaker stops everything from burning up

R

randa021

Thanks for the advice. One of the brushes looks small so I will replace that one. Mower runs fine if I bypass the circuit breaker (temporarily) so I am still not convinced that I did not just get a bad replacement circuit breaker.

BlazNT

BlazNT

I guess I did not make my self clear. bushes going bad can cause the breaker to pop all the time. I would check the brushes first then replace breaker if this does not fix the breaker. Could have failed again.