clutch problems on Husqvarna 38" riding mower

clem76

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a husqvarna 38" riding mower. My clutch engages at the top of my brake petal. When it was new it used to engage half way. Is there a way to adjust the clutch or do I need a new cable? If I can adjust it, how do I do it? Where is the adjustment located?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Lets start with the model and serial number from the tag under the seat so we can look up parts and give you correct advice.

clem76

Forum Newbie
Threads
Lets start with the model and serial number from the tag under the seat so we can look up parts and give you correct advice.
Model number = LTH18538
Serial# - 0913126L

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I would start at looking at the drive belt to see if it is worn and cracked. Looks like hydrostat drive so the only time the clutch should be pressed is for started, and then released and not touched until the next time it is pressed to start. Speed should be controlled with the control on the fender.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Also there is two plastic composite V-idlers that wear heavily so if replacing the drive belt highly recommend replacing both these too as when the v-belt bottoms out in these it is just like you installed a too long of a v-belt.