Cleaning up after cutting bushes

LoCo86

Threads
What is the best method y'all have found on either cleaning out flower beds after trimming bushes and shrubs or keeping it clean while cutting them? Currently if I have a lot of bushes to trim I just let them fall to the ground then I take my blower ( Stihl BG86) and blow the clippings into the yard and rake them up, or if I have just a couple of bushes I will lay old bed sheets down like a tree shirt and let the clippings fall onto that. Just trying to find the best way to make clean up faster and easier.

zmister11

Threads
What is the best method y'all have found on either cleaning out flower beds after trimming bushes and shrubs or keeping it clean while cutting them? Currently if I have a lot of bushes to trim I just let them fall to the ground then I take my blower ( Stihl BG86) and blow the clippings into the yard and rake them up, or if I have just a couple of bushes I will lay old bed sheets down like a tree shirt and let the clippings fall onto that. Just trying to find the best way to make clean up faster and easier.

I usually blow the leaves into the yard and than run them over with the mower

LoCo86

Threads
I usually blow the leaves into the yard and than run them over with the mower

That would work if I only had a few bushes. Some places a care for have anywhere from 70-100 bushes and shrubs to cut. So you could imagine the amount of clippings I'm dealing with. But I do have a few properties that have a minimal amount of bushes, but I never cut the bushes the same day I mow. I have one day a week where I do nothing but cut bushes and put out mulch or pine straw all day long.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I went to Army Surplus and bought some tarps 10'x50' and cut them down the middle. Lay them down in front of and behind the bushes. Trim then pull out the tarps. Very little picking up after that.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
These two items are what I've found to be the most convenient over the years. Lay out a length of twine about 10 ft. long ( + or - ) and place the limbs 90° to the length with the pitch fork. Cinch the twine tight to compact and carry or load on the trailer. The bundle or several bundles can be transported with the fork to where ever they need to be.

Mine go to the edge of the timber to make brush piles for wildlife protection. Tying the bundle is the only time I need to bend or stoop over. Bending and stooping is lost time in motion and I don't have much of that remaining.

Attachments

• pitch fork.jpg
    pitch fork.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 16