Export thread

chrome brush bar

C

cuda

Does anyone have the chrome brush bar mounted on their tractor. If so, can you do me a favor and give me the outside diameter of the tubing. Are all the tubes the same diameter? For those of you reading this who would like this accessory but thought it was to expensive (179.00) it is now on sale for the ridiculous price of $26.00, free pickup in the store.
Thanks for your assistance.

midnite rider

midnite rider

I just picked one up last week from the store. I will measure mine when I get back to my house this evening and let you know exactly, but off the top of my head, I would say it is about 1.5" O.D. overall. :tractor:

C

cuda

Thanks midnite.
Much appreciated.

metz12

metz12

I was thinking about picking one of those up. how is it? sturdy?

C

cuda

I ordered one online and will pick it up at the store next week so I can't tell you anything about at this time, you know as much as I do. There's a fella on here that goes by the name of Midnite Rider, he has one and can probably answer your questions. I'm getting one more for looks than crash protection and at that price you can't go wrong. Better jump on it before the deal goes away.
Take care,Cuda

metz12

metz12

I ordered one online and will pick it up at the store next week so I can't tell you anything about at this time, you know as much as I do. There's a fella on here that goes by the name of Midnite Rider, he has one and can probably answer your questions. I'm getting one more for looks than crash protection and at that price you can't go wrong. Better jump on it before the deal goes away.
Take care,Cuda

They say that that deal goes away on january1st. i also want my craftsman to look cool but i do alot of stuff in the brush and the front of my tractor is all scratched up.

R

Rednekdaddy

Can someone please post a link to that deal? If not can you please send me private message with the details? Please!

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Can someone please post a link to that deal? If not can you please send me private message with the details? Please!

Craftsman Chrome Brush Guard - Lawn & Garden - Tractor Attachments - Tractor Bumpers

Here is another thrread about it: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/craftsman-forum/13011-craftsman-brush-guard.html.

midnite rider

midnite rider

Does anyone have the chrome brush bar mounted on their tractor. If so, can you do me a favor and give me the outside diameter of the tubing. Are all the tubes the same diameter? For those of you reading this who would like this accessory but thought it was to expensive (179.00) it is now on sale for the ridiculous price of $26.00, free pickup in the store.
Thanks for your assistance.

I was thinking about picking one of those up. how is it? sturdy?

I do and here is a pic of the brush bar I picked up from Sears before mounting. It is roughly 26 inches wide by 17 inches high. The tubes are two different sizes as illustrated in the pic. The two horizontal bars being 1.5 inches OD and the vertical/horizontal bar being 1.25 inches OD. It is real sturdy as the tubes are about an eighth of an inch thick. The welds are well done and strong, the chrome is clean and has a mirror finish. The plastic bag contains the instruction manual, mounting brackets, plastic end caps and misc. hardware. It has a tilt feature also so as not to obstruct being able to open your hood. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Attachments

C

cuda

Thanks midnite, that's exactly what I needed.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Have a good holiday

C

cuda

Another favor midnite, what is the distance between the two horizontal bars and the distance between the top horizontal bar and the 1.25" bar.
Thanks, Cuda

R

Rednekdaddy

Thanks for the link!! I just wonder if I could fit that push guard on something besides a Craftsman tractor??

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Thanks for the link!! I just wonder if I could fit that push guard on something besides a Craftsman tractor??

Like what...another brand of lawn tractor? Or something completely different?

R

Rednekdaddy

Like what...another brand of lawn tractor? Or something completely different?

Yes!! Another brand of mower like my poulan..

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

OK I don't know if it would fit. It might, but it might not. :confused3:

midnite rider

midnite rider

Another favor midnite, what is the distance between the two horizontal bars and the distance between the top horizontal bar and the 1.25" bar.
Thanks, Cuda

4 inches between the two horizontal bars
5 inches between the top horizontal bar and the 1.25" bar

midnite rider

midnite rider

Well I am in the process of adapting it to my Husky GT manufactured by MTD. Did not use the brackets for the tilt feature as the hood has plenty of clearence to open. :cool:

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Well I am in the process of adapting it to my Husky GT manufactured by MTD. Did not use the brackets for the tilt feature as the hood has plenty of clearence to open. :cool:

Looks good! :thumbsup:

midnite rider

midnite rider

Looks good! :thumbsup:

Thanks, I think I will add some auxillary lights to mount on the bar, for night riding.:biggrin:

metz12

metz12

Looks sweet! mine is coming in next week!!

midnite rider

midnite rider

Bladerunner fit the same bar in black instead of chrome to his Poulan. Here is his thread as well as his pic below.

6645d1339301427-poulan-pro-300-ex-riding-mower-puzzle-poulan-pro-front-side-pic-jpg

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Thanks, I think I will add some auxillary lights to mount on the bar, for night riding.:biggrin:

Yeah, that will be cool! :thumbsup:

R

Rednekdaddy

That looks good, I might give it a try. But it will have to wait till after the first of the year! With Christmas this month I'm broke!

metz12

metz12

That looks good, I might give it a try. But it will have to wait till after the first of the year! With Christmas this month I'm broke!

That is when the deal ends!

R

Rednekdaddy

That is when the deal ends!

Well of course, that is my life in a nut shell! Find a great deal and it ends just before I can afford it LOL!!

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Well of course, that is my life in a nut shell! Find a great deal and it ends just before I can afford it LOL!!

:laughing::laughing: Yeah, that happens with me, too!

C

cuda

Motorcycle lights can be easily adapted to this brush bar. Look on Ebay for relocation clamps, 39mm (that's just a heir over 1.5")
Here's an example.
Ebay item number: 360501612538

C

cuda

Turn signals anyone or use clear lenses and have running lights.

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Turn signals anyone or use clear lenses and have running lights.

It would be cool to have both turn signals AND running lights, but if I was to pick one I would choose running lights if I just use it on my own yard, but if I drive the tractor around the neighborhood going from house to house I would choose turn signals! :thumbsup:

C

cuda

Why not have both. The bar will carry a lot of lights. As I said in another post, motorcycle lights work really well and have the clamps to easily mount them.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Why not have both. The bar will carry a lot of lights. As I said in another post, motorcycle lights work really well and have the clamps to easily mount them.

Yeah I would do both! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

C

cuda

Here's a good place to start if you want to see what lights and mounts are available.
Motorcycle Gear, Parts and Accessories at Motorcycle Superstore
Most of these lights can be found on Ebay for a lot less money.

C

cuda

I used to restore cars and show them in local car shows a few years back but don't do it any more. Unfortunately it's in the blood and I find myself dressing up and modifying anything with wheels and a steering wheel on it. The tractor is my recent victim. My Flickr page is posted on the new members forum, go there if you want to see it. The brush bar was not installed when these pics were taken.
Coming soon.:biggrin:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I used to restore cars and show them in local car shows a few years back but don't do it any more. Unfortunately it's in the blood and I find myself dressing up and modifying anything with wheels and a steering wheel on it. The tractor is my recent victim. My Flickr page is posted on the new members forum, go there if you want to see it. The brush bar was not installed when these pics were taken.
Coming soon.:biggrin:

I know....I saw your Craftsman....it is AWESOME!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: (http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/membe...lbum-php-albumid=4581-attachmentid=10331.html)

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Those of you considering putting lights on your bumper/brush bar consider this: the location of your muffler exhaust port blows exhaust gases directly at the bumper and boy does it get hot. This little fact never crossed my mind until I installed my new bumper and started the tractor and ran it for awhile, it got hot enough to do damage to plastic lenses and any wiring used. So much for the light idea:frown:

Awww...that's unfortunate! :frown: Do you think you can find another place on the tractor to put lights?

C

cuda

Here's a good place to start if you want to see what lights and mounts are available.
Motorcycle Gear, Parts and Accessories at Motorcycle Superstore
Most of these lights can be found on Ebay for a lot less money.

Those of you considering putting lights on your bumper/brush bar consider this: the location of your muffler exhaust port blows exhaust gases directly at the bumper and boy does it get hot. This little fact never crossed my mind until I installed my new bumper and started the tractor and ran it for awhile, it got hot enough to do damage to plastic lenses and any wiring used. So much for the light idea

C

cuda

Awww...that's unfortunate! :frown: Do you think you can find another place on the tractor to put lights?

I am considering mounting them directly on the sides of the hood, low down near the front. Mite look good there don't ya think.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I am considering mounting them directly on the sides of the hood, low down near the front. Mite look good there don't ya think.

Yeah that would look nice! :cool2: