Chipmunk

monica123

Threads
I live in the left side of nowhere, literally. If they are live trapped and released I am sure either the coyotes or the bobcats would probably enjoy them for dinner not to mention the cats. For the most part they are controlled where I am.

JimmyWeb

Threads
I have to agree with you. Overpopulation is just as big of a problem as Extinction. It's good to keep all species alive in moderation. I hear deer are a terrible problem in VA. They are all over the place. Some places out west will even give you money for killing certain animals, like mountain lions.

Trap and release is fine but are you simply moving your problem to others. Do you get permission from the land owner before you release then elsewhere? I once had a city dweller catching rabbits that were eating his garden and releasing them on my property. He thought because we were "country folks" we would understand. As a result the rabbit population exploded followed by an increase of coyotes.

Killing for no reason is "mean" but overpopulation can lead to diseases and starvation which, in my opinion, is far more cruel then getting rid of a single nuisance animal.

monica123

Threads
Where I am, in the fall, there is a coyote cull. For every coyote pelt you take in they give you $20. In my opinion it's hardly worth it.

noma

Threads
Hi I"m one of those people that live in the country and why do you think it"s ok to release those animal in the country so we can deal with them. How would it be if we brought your pest to town for you to deal with, see how your pets like to get bitten.My thoughts would be to just kill the one that are digging holes in your lawn, and everyone problems will be solved. I don"t think you have to poison the ground with bleach and amonina to possibley get into the ground water or hurt the enviorment,or peoples health.

Hand2ThePlow

Threads
... I don"t think you have to poison the ground with bleach and amonina to possibley get into the ground water or hurt the enviorment,or peoples health.

Chlorimine gas (bleach/ammonia mixture) presents no risk to ground water or the enviroment. It's actually beneficial and is the EPA's recommended method for purifing wells.

JimmyWeb

Threads
I have to agree with you. If you have a pest, you should just kill it, as bad as that sounds. Many areas in the country are already overpopulated with these pests, so if you catch them and release them you are part of the problem, not the solution.

Hi I"m one of those people that live in the country and why do you think it"s ok to release those animal in the country so we can deal with them. How would it be if we brought your pest to town for you to deal with, see how your pets like to get bitten.My thoughts would be to just kill the one that are digging holes in your lawn, and everyone problems will be solved. I don"t think you have to poison the ground with bleach and amonina to possibley get into the ground water or hurt the enviorment,or peoples health.

Stevie-Ray

Threads
Where I am, in the fall, there is a coyote cull. For every coyote pelt you take in they give you $20. In my opinion it's hardly worth it.
It more than pays for your ammunition if you're a varminter.:thumbsup: