charging problem

maggy

Forum Newbie
Threads
2004 grasshopper 618 charging problem blown 30amp fuse regulater fuse shorted out trid replacing fuse would like to teat regulator
out but cannot locate it start the engine run fast idle still 12 volts not sure if its the regulator or alternator need to test both
any help please
dave

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
2004 grasshopper 618 charging problem blown 30amp fuse regulater fuse shorted out trid replacing fuse would like to teat regulator
out but cannot locate it start the engine run fast idle still 12 volts not sure if its the regulator or alternator need to test both
any help please
dave
I am in the process of changing a stator and regulator/rectifier on a 2002 Grasshopper 618. Information and personal experience on these mowers are limited. It appears you have to take driveshaft from engine to gear box off in order to replace stator. It is a Kohler Command CH18 engine, no other details because all identifiable information on engine is gone. This is a customer unit.
The reg/rect is on bottom right side by fuel tank. Never been a fan of Grasshoppers, this only confirms it.

maggy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am in the process of changing a stator and regulator/rectifier on a 2002 Grasshopper 618. Information and personal experience on these mowers are limited. It appears you have to take driveshaft from engine to gear box off in order to replace stator. It is a Kohler Command CH18 engine, no other details because all identifiable information on engine is gone. This is a customer unit.
The reg/rect is on bottom right side by fuel tank. Never been a fan of Grasshoppers, this only confirms it.
Thanks i will look if not reg rect will have to find alternator