Chainsaw Surprise

Giles

Threads
I have worked on small engines for over 50 years and still learn something everyday:wink:
I needed a small trimming saw and I found an MS192T on eBay at a decent price. Normally I buy tools new but have got some really good deals from Pawn Shops and eBay.
While searching for a Stihl 200T--what I really wanted---I noticed something I could not believe:eek:
Stihl stopped manufacturing the 200T a few years ago and the replacement is not the saw that the 200T was:frown: New, the 200T sold for app. $500 and they are selling, used, for over their new price:eek:
A "NEW" one sold for $1,406 !!!! just a few days ago, and there are many used that have sold for close to $1,000:confused2: A junked-locked up one will usually sell for $200 or more:eek:
My point is---If I find a nice one at a Pawn Shop for anything around $300 I will buy it.
Some things go up in value, just wish I could predict what will:smile:

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
Some things go up in value, just wish I could predict what will:smile:

Gold and silver, raw land, firearms and most antiques and collectibles seem to be a sure bet in the last few years. You usually can save a lot of money on buying used items as you can recoup most if not all of your money if you resell them versus taking a big loss for depreciation on buying new items at retail.

RALLY

Forum Newbie
Threads
Stihl replaced the MS200t with a 201T due to emissions requirements. The new one has 20 percent more power but they retail for 610.00