carburator rebuild help needed.

slyme

Threads
I've had carbs.in worst condition work after a good cleaning.I have no idea whats going on with this one.It seems as if im missing something.??? I just resoked it,rinsed with warm water,shot carb cleaner in all ports.Used shop air at all ports.And ,again,will only run on fuel added to carb.I did adjust the jet in and out ,No change.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
How about fuel!? Is any going to the carb?

That is my guess, because if runs if you poor gas. Something is wrong.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Would you please double check your model number, as I am not coming up with a 267707 model.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Rivets, try 287707-0225-01 and to the OP does the fuel solenoid on the bottom of the carb click when you turn the key on. There is no adjustments for fuel other than maybe the idle circuit jet, but that won't cause your problem. If you have clean fresh fuel in the carb bowl. then you either have a clogged jet up inside the emulsion tube area of the carb, or the fuel solenoid isn't working.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
IL, that's the same number that I came up with. Unless I missed something, the OP doesn't tell us if he has the Walbro or Nikki carb. I'm guessing Nikki. If he has the Nikki carb, two things come to mind very quickly. One, that goofy gasket between the carb body and the float carrier has to be perfect. Two, if while reassembling you don't have everything lined up perfectly, internal air leaks will occur, which means no fuel flow. Finally, the float bowl spring must be installed to make sure the float assembly seals properly.

slyme

Threads
Found problem!!! It turns out I had a short on the antibackfire solenoid that was not allowing fuel flow.
Thank you everyone for the help.