Carb linkage-How does the throttle linkage spring connect to clip?

hyper4rball

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Carb linkage-How does the throttle linkage spring connect to clip?
I have a Husqvarna RZ5424 riding mower with a Kawasaki engine, dual exhaust. It's an older mower, probably about 13-15 years old. I replaced the carb and I just cannot figure out what to do with the spring wrapped around the throttle linakge rod. There is a rotating clip that it connects to but just can't figure out how, what position, etc....to connect the spring to. I've searched and scoured the internet for this carb diagram with linkage connected and am coming up with nothing. Is there anybody out there that can help steer me on how this connects? See the photo I attached and the clip in question. Which direction does it go when connecting spring? How does the spring connect? Etc, etc, etc...... Thanks!

Attachments

• Riding mower carb linkage.jpg
    Riding mower carb linkage.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 6

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Push the vertically part of rod into the hole and then push the clip over the horizontal part of the rod. This setup wil not allow the rod to jump out of the hole.

hyper4rball

Forum Newbie
Threads
Push the vertically part of rod into the hole and then push the clip over the horizontal part of the rod. This setup wil not allow the rod to jump out of the hole.
Thanks for your reply. Then I'm guessing the spring will attach to that clip after I push the clip onto the throttle rod. I'll mess with it some more and see what my results are. I'm hoping someone has this same setup and can post a pic! Thanks.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes. Also note if the metal clip breaks off which they do. Kawasaki IPLs only indicate the shaft replacement is available even though there are plastic replacement clips available.