Carb for 6.75HP Toro 20331?

smata67

Threads
The parts list does not have Type 0299 so as to identify the proper carb. It is a Toro autochoke with 6.75hp B&S 126T02-0299-b1 10032757. Engine is hunting the first few minutes, then runs ok. I have rebuilt the carb and replaced the governor spring. Am thinking the carb might be the culprit and want to try a cheap new one to see if it fixes the issue. What is the carb model number, or where is it on the carb?

smata67

Threads
I may be on to something regarding the hunting. I added some tension to the governor spring by hooking further in and not at the loop and the hunting is nearly gone. Seems like fiddling with this tension could solve the hunting issue on this model Toro. May not need the carb model after all, but would be nice to know.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
There is a part number for a slightly stiffer spring for this reason but iv not got it at the moment.

Hunting at cold start is quite normal on an autochoke due to it being fuel efficient.

These engines are not designed to be sitting on concrete ticking over but working as soon as they are started.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Also if the blade has no locating pins and turns on friction disc then set engine at TDC and place blade facing the piston.