can someone help me find the right part?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That should make for a better seal
Soft will conform hard will not conform
Just so long as you get the sides of the tank into the groove all the way round .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Okay here is some actual measurements of the M132706 bushing. IE the Husqvarna 532003645 bushing. I use the JD bushing as it is the lowest cost one of the alternates at the time I order the stock I have but Stens is the same now.

OD 14.2mm (9/16") ID 8.82mm (11/32") OD of larger diameter rubber part is 27mm (1-1/16"). Spec sheet shows 9.55mm (3/8") ID

As for OD after insertion you are forget that as you stretch the rubber it will get thinner.

2ball

Threads
As for OD after insertion you are forget that as you stretch the rubber it will get thinner.
right, so unless the OEM grommet (which it getting delivered today) is a couple mm larger then the generic ones I have, I don't see how it will give a proper seal.

Last edited:

2ball

Threads
my hole is 14mm, not 13. that 1 mm is throwing everything off, I think.

Forest#2

Threads
I've seen issues such as yours where a replacement gas tank grommet would leak usually because the OEM nipple or adapter going through the new replacement grommet on some lawn tractor tanks was not quite large enough for the new grommet so as to get a good snug friction fit. I can usually find a slightly larger hose barb nipple to get a good snug fit. Not a fun thing for something that should be simple fix and replacement grommet just not quite correct.

Seems strange that the replacement grommets that are suppose to be same as the OEM, but it happens. Seems they (probably China) get mm and inches sizes slightly wrong, just enough that a slow leak develops and not a fun thing on rear mounted lawn tractor tanks where the whole back end of the tractor has to be removed to get the tank removed AGAIN later. Tanks is good, just a wimpy grommet not correct for the OEM fuel line.

2ball

Threads
I've seen issues such as yours where a replacement gas tank grommet would leak usually because the OEM nipple or adapter going through the new replacement grommet on some lawn tractor tanks was not quite large enough for the new grommet so as to get a good snug friction fit. I can usually find a slightly larger hose barb nipple to get a good snug fit. Not a fun thing for something that should be simple fix and replacement grommet just not quite correct.

Seems strange that the replacement grommets that are suppose to be same as the OEM, but it happens. Seems they (probably China) get mm and inches sizes slightly wrong, just enough that a slow leak develops and not a fun thing on rear mounted lawn tractor tanks where the whole back end of the tractor has to be removed to get the tank removed AGAIN later. Tanks is good, just a wimpy grommet not correct for the OEM fuel line.
yea, something that should be a $5 fix may cost me a new $90 tank with the grommet already included. If I could glue on a nipple over the hole and just attach the fuel line to the nipple that would be great, I have see gas tanks like that.

2ball

Threads
I bought an OEM Husqvarna grommet and it has held up for a month. The generic ones I bought shrank, got hard and would leak. OEM part saved the day.