Can I wire 2 valves in one zone?

drumz

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an Orbit 57956 and am adding a sprinkler valve at the end of my first zone which is 150' from the controller. I have an extra line but it doesn't work, I imagine it got crimped or cut somewhere as it is buried and goes around numerous obstacles. I do not want to string another 150' of wire so was hoping I could control 2 valves if I wired them together or bridged them. To explain what I mean by bridge, they will not only share the common line like they all do but also the hot line which I would split so the line would be the same distance to each valve. Since the controller just sends a burst that turns the valve on or off, shouldn't that open both?
And if that doesn't work, what if I put a transistor on the line to make sure there was enough voltage to hit both valves?
I'll probably just end up rewiring one closer to the controller and use that line but thought I'd check to see if I could do it the way I proposed which would be way more convenient.

Thanks for your time.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have always ran 4 or 5 heads per zone

You should be fine adding one more valve
And a head.

drumz

Forum Newbie
Threads
I do run multiple sprinklers per valve but my question is multiple valves, not sprinklers.
But it is 3 heads in the added zone.
Or what I might do is combine 2 that are all micro and make this one its own.

Thanks!

drumz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry, I'm working and multitasking and afraid my different edits got confusing and of course also just wanted to be sure I'm following and you can picture my situation better than I described...
You're saying I can add another valve in a zone. The heads shouldn't matter because the water controls them. The only issue is pressure with too many heads whether you have multiple valves or too many heads.
I just wanted to be sure that the controller would turn two valves on and off without a transistor which would assure it gets the volts it needs to flip the on/off switch in the valve. The reason I ask is remembering reading that you should only have one valve per zone...

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I understand what you are trying to do. You should have no problems running two valves.

When running low voltage wire you will not lose the amps needed to open and close the valve.

Now I would not run 150 feet between valves.