Bye Bye Echo Hello Stihl

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
Sorry to the echo lover but mine had carb issues but I took it back and then got a Fs56rc and I love it I guess I am just a stihl guy so stihl is for me :thumbsup::thumbsup:

A

AmericanTurf

Yesterday I got my stihl backpack blower out. Filled it with gas and primed it until I saw gas in the primer. Set the choke. Started on the first pull. Woot woot

MowerMike

Threads
Which model Echo trimmer did you have and what exactly were the problems that you had with the carb ? Mine have all been trouble free.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
Yea I always like stihl. But I tried echo I had the srm 225 an it would start great but throttling it up it cut off my new stihl and all my old one run great I am stihl for life :thumbsup:

MowerMike

Threads
Yea I always like stihl. But I tried echo I had the srm 225 and it would start great but throttling it up it cut off my new stihl and all my old one run great I am stihl for life :thumbsup:

So, did you take it back to the dealer to try and troubleshoot, before giving up on it ? Could be something as simple as the fuel pickup not being inserted properly in the tank or a pinched breather line. When I first got my SRM-225, it would stall out as soon as I turned it sideways. I noticed that the fuel filter was caught in a corner of the tank and wasn't getting any gas when I turned it sideways. Once I got it loose and inserted properly, it ran like a champ. Of course, there are other possibilities, but that's what warranties are for.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yea I always like stihl. But I tried echo I had the srm 225 an it would start great but throttling it up it cut off my new stihl and all my old one run great I am stihl for life :thumbsup:

K-Pro-Mowing,

Did you, after getting it started, try moving that little lever from "Choke" to "Run"?????
Ha...ha....gotcha just kiddin(even me, who knows nothing about trimmers knows to do that!!!:0)

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
K-Pro-Mowing,

Did you, after getting it started, try moving that little lever from "Choke" to "Run"?????
Ha...ha....gotcha just kiddin(even me, who knows nothing about trimmers knows to do that!!!:0)

HAHA yea i did i dont know what the matter with them but i have always like stihl so i guess i stay with my favorite 2 cycle brand :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::laughing::laughing::smile: