Buying at auction

mamaA

Threads
We bought our tractor at an auction and my husband had to repair a few things on it but overall it was a good deal. Have you bought anything at an auction that needed work but gotten a really good deal on it?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I love auctions... They are always good exposure to people and good deals...

you really need to go to several different types, before you jump in and participate, There are definitely some auctioneers I would take their word on anything, and there are a few that I would have to check my watch if they told me the sun was out. ... KennyV

cren

Threads
I used to go auction hunting when I was a teen to some of the craziest back door auctions you could think of. I remember once we managed to get a nice welding kit and we ended up making some stuff for someone I was dating, their mom. Fun times, but nothing lately. I wonder if I should get back into it or not, might spend too much at my age though. :laughing:

indypower

Threads
Auctions are a crap shoot. Try to get it running before buying. Some dealers bring in trade-in equipment with blown engines that are not wort it for them to fix. Some people just bring in equipment that have problems and no time or skills to fix them.

Helper

Threads
Like what Kenny said, I think we should have an experience on how to deal with auctions first before really buying things from their. An advice from a person who have been dealing with auctions for a long time already will be a big help in knowing whether the equipment is worth the buy.

noma

Threads
Hi mamaA

I love to go to auctions they are a lot of fun and you can get some good deal or you can get ripped off very fast it can happen so fast if you don,t watch what your doing. Just depend on who is there and what they are after if they want the same thing you want then you are not going to get a very good deal. I live on a agerage and you can fill your building up very fast with junk going to auction too. I have going to auction for years,just got to be able to walk away when the bid get to your limit and set a limit for yourself how much you are going to pay for a item.

jd335

Threads
I have got alot of good farm equiment @ auctions the only thing is you have got to atend all of them to get the deals i would go to somme sales and stuff would sell for outragous prices i would go to a sale the very next week 50 or 60 miles apart and some of the same kind of stuff would sell cheap around here there is one rule of thumb never go to a sale on the first of the month when all the checks cme in if you have a auction that is the best time to do it