Buying a new garden tractor advise needed on model

ringgold

Forum Newbie
Threads
I own a small 3/4 acre but the yard in hilly. About 10 degrees or more on front and back and between 15 and 20 on side. I am looking for a strong transmission (better than a K46) with locking diff for use because I'm always slightly pulling a hill or going down one or riding sideways on one. I have researched and researched until I think I have found a suitable tractor. What do you think of the Husqvarna GT48XLSi model? I am torn about the motor but I have seen a reviewer that says it has a K66 transmission (I would like to make sure about that) which I think makes me happy. I have to stay with the size of the 48 due to my building doors which are 56" wide. I might be able to do a 52 but it would be tight and looking at the 52 they don't have the lock diff. Any thoughts on this mower or suggestions on another? I will have to have it dealer serviced so it needs to be a good dependable mower. I am a widow doing my own mowing and want a stable, easy to use dependable mower.
Thanks

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
My replacement for my (now reliable )Intek Crafstman will likely be Husqy /Kawasaki. I learned the hard way that "garden tractor" is a heavier duty machine with better trans and frame, able to pull light earth engaging equipment (plow). My research showed you will pay $500-$1500 more for the " garden" tractor as opposed to the "lawn tractor." Lack of knowledge during purchase caused me to think "garden tractor " was a marketing gimmick and now I cannot prepare my front yard for reseeding with frail Craftsman. Others will provide advice which is good and widespread in this forum. Good luck in your choice.

dhd

Threads
I have the Husqvarna R322T AWD.
It's has a front mount mower deck, so you don't run over the grass with the front tires of the tractor before the grass is cut.
The deck flips up for service (clean out grass clips or change out blades.
It has two transmissions and is all wheel drive, and has very good traction and power on steep slopes.
The R322T can carry my 275 pounds up a 19 degree slope either forward or backward, without loosing traction and with out any power lose.
It has articulating steering, so it is very agile for mowing around objects.
The engine is behind the operator so it seems quieter and you don't drive through the engines exhaust like you do with engines in front of the operator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvOkeuhYAoU

Harmond

Threads
That locking Tufftorq K66 is pretty beefy. It has a 1" axle as opposed to the 0.75" K46 by the way.