Bubba Keg Grills on sale at Home Depot

Rip

Threads
If you've been thinking about a Big Green Egg or similar type ceramic grill and can't quite justify the price, like me, there's another option.

http://www.bubbakeg.com/

Bubba Keg Grills are on sale at Home Depot for HALF PRICE! They are normally $499 or even $599 but now you can get one at Home Depot for $299.

All the reviews I have read say that as far as efficiency, heat retention and control the Bubba Grill is the equvalent or better than The Big Green Egg or other ceramic grills. The Bubba Keg is stainless with a double wall that is insulated with oven insulation. It's good and heavy and seems well made. It comes with all the bells and whistles but I don't think they offer all the optional "must have" accessories that BGE and others do.

I am not completely sure, but this may be a Memorial Day weekend only sale price.

I'm going out to put mine together right now!

Rip ...a real Bubba anyway:biggrin:

Stash

Threads
Can you let us know how it works? Maybe do a review on the assembly and use. Pics too if you take any.

I've got a Weber which I really like, but always interested in other products for grilling and smoking.

Rip

Threads
Stash,

Putting the grill together is a piece of cake! About all you have to do is screw on the handles and mount the wheels to the stand. Then you need assistance setting the grill onto the stand.

The package is about 140 lbs. and the size makes it a little hard for one person to manage.

The assembly instructions are very simple and there are also instructions on "seasoning" some of the parts and how to burn the grill off for the first time.

So far I'm very impressed and excited. I'm going to try a couple of rib eyes tomorrow.

I haven't thrown away my old Weber kettle grill yet, but I think once I get used to this Bubba Keg Grill, it's going to add a lot to my outdoor cooking.

I'll keep you posted.

Rip

Zeroturn

Threads
I'm looking for a new grill this season too. I think I'll wait til the end of the season and see if I can get one on clearance. I'm looking for a stainless steel one though? I might change my mind after I saw this one.