Bronco Repair

lovemycub

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently bought a troy bilt super bronco ,model number 13AT609G766 ,because my cub cadet tank zero turn was down. Well i found that it had alot of problems.the worst was that it was very slow .after weeks of working with it and studying manuels i found this mowers problem. I thought it was the belts were stretched but i found that the previous owner had taken it apart and put the springs back on wrong..The variable speed belt ,number754-0468 needs to be attached to the drive pedal assembly with two springs .numbered 732-0384 and 732-0963 . They attach to the idler bracket .number 683 -04130abd then drive oedal to give the belts enough tension. It nay not be your Broncos reason to go slower but i have read its a big problem for this tractor so i wanted to post my fix. Thanks .Howard

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnWorld and thanks for sharing your repair!

We moved your thread to the Troy Bilt forum. :thumbsup:

surfside

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently bought a troy bilt super bronco ,model number 13AT609G766 ,because my cub cadet tank zero turn was down. Well i found that it had alot of problems.the worst was that it was very slow .after weeks of working with it and studying manuels i found this mowers problem. I thought it was the belts were stretched but i found that the previous owner had taken it apart and put the springs back on wrong..The variable speed belt ,number754-0468 needs to be attached to the drive pedal assembly with two springs .numbered 732-0384 and 732-0963 . They attach to the idler bracket .number 683 -04130abd then drive oedal to give the belts enough tension. It nay not be your Broncos reason to go slower but i have read its a big problem for this tractor so i wanted to post my fix. Thanks .Howard

Howard/lovemycub,

I have a super bronco, and as I was mowing, it just stopped moving forward - everything else was fine. I found one spring on the ground, near the mower. Being very inexperienced in the area of riding mower repair, I assumed that all I had to do was replace that one spring. I took that one spring and attached it to the speed control assembly, and then (I think) to the idle assembly - just the one spring. Whatever I did, it kind of works, but I did it wrong - it just kind of limps along. I know that I have attached it incorrectly, because it requires that I push the drive pedal much harder than I had to previously just to get it to move (my right leg is much stronger now). I have downloaded the owner's & parts manuals, but I am not good at reading those technical drawings, so I still could not understand how it was to properly be put back together. I didn't know that it required two springs until I just read your post. My other spring must have shot off somewhere when the other spring broke.

Is there any way that you or anyone else on this forum can post a picture of how this is to be assembled properly? I am going to order both springs and replace them both now, so I want to know how to do it correctly. Thanks!

lovemycub

Forum Newbie
Threads
Howard/lovemycub,

I have a super bronco, and as I was mowing, it just stopped moving forward - everything else was fine. I found one spring on the ground, near the mower. Being very inexperienced in the area of riding mower repair, I assumed that all I had to do was replace that one spring. I took that one spring and attached it to the speed control assembly, and then (I think) to the idle assembly - just the one spring. Whatever I did, it kind of works, but I did it wrong - it just kind of limps along. I know that I have attached it incorrectly, because it requires that I push the drive pedal much harder than I had to previously just to get it to move (my right leg is much stronger now). I have downloaded the owner's & parts manuals, but I am not good at reading those technical drawings, so I still could not understand how it was to properly be put back together. I didn't know that it required two springs until I just read your post. My other spring must have shot off somewhere when the other spring broke.

Is there any way that you or anyone else on this forum can post a picture of how this is to be assembled properly? I am going to order both springs and replace them both now, so I want to know how to do it correctly. Thanks!

hello.if you would like to call me i think it would be easier to explain .my number is 816 -5068142