Broken left axle on LGT2654

fairlaniac

Threads
I broke an axle today. I have not attempted any tear down yet. The axle snapped inside the wheel are. About 1" is sticking out of the housing. I noticed the right wheel did not turn. Is the axle a "posi" or open type with just one wheel turning? Trying to see if I just need one axle or if other parts inside may be needed. BTW, are there any exploded axle/trans diagrams online?

Thanks,

silver1

Threads
I broke an axle today. I have not attempted any tear down yet. The axle snapped inside the wheel are. About 1" is sticking out of the housing. I noticed the right wheel did not turn. Is the axle a "posi" or open type with just one wheel turning? Trying to see if I just need one axle or if other parts inside may be needed. BTW, are there any exploded axle/trans diagrams online?

Thanks,

Most axles are open (as you say). I don't know what a LGT2654 is, but most have clips inside the trans that hold the axles in place.
If yours is broken, it should pull out of the housing if you get the wheels off the ground.
Youtube has some video's of the process. More info. on your model and trans number would help.
:biggrin:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
What make and model transaxle ?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have heard of several similar stories lately, on Hydrogear units, so it would be helpful to have a clue what you have......

fairlaniac

Threads
Looks like I need p/n 1a646034111 (left axle shaft). Here is my tag and a picture of the shaft. Broke right at the keyway end.

Where can I purchase a shaft? Most internet links are in the UK. I'm in Pennsylvania. Would a local Husqvarna dealer have them?

IMG_1549.JPG
IMG_1554.JPG

Thanks,

silver1

Threads
Looks like I need p/n 1a646034111 (left axle shaft). Here is my tag and a picture of the shaft. Broke right at the keyway end.

Where can I purchase a shaft? Most internet links are in the UK. I'm in Pennsylvania. Would a local Husqvarna dealer have them?

View attachment 22531
View attachment 22532

Thanks,

Odd for it to snap! EZ fix but the cost..I hope it is reasonable. Good luck.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
What tasks being performed before breakage? I have the lawn tractor with small dia shaft and can not use a hitch sleeve partially due to small shaft. Yours is 1" dia? Interesting to know if you see twist marks on the surface of the shaft at the breakage point (perhaps showing bad factory heat treat).