Briggs & Stratton 7.0hp, stalling issue

shobiz354

Forum Newbie
Threads
Briggs & Stratton 7.0hp, on toro self-pace mower. At the beginning of last summer, mower would start for a short time, then stall out. Assumed it was bad fuel, drained the tank, installed fresh gas, and it worked fine all summer.

I've now run the mower a few times this season, but just ran into the same problem. I went to start it up, it ran for a second or two at most, and then stalled. I drained the fuel again, filled with new fuel...it worked fine for about 30 mins, and then stalled again. I was able to re-start it immediately with no problem. It would then run for about 3 - 5 mins... same thing. Sometimes engine would slow a bit just before dying. But I could generally start it right back up right after it died.

Any suggestions of where to start are appreciated!

Thanks,

JL

AnthemBassMan

Threads
-First thing to do is try to run it with the gas cap either removed or loosened up good. It could possibly have the vents blocked.

L8R,
Matt

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
You may still have some dirt in the carb that is floating around which will find its way to the jet, re-clean the carb and fit a fuel filter in the fuel line and try again.

shobiz354

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the ideas.... fuel cap & carb cleaning on the to-do list for coming weekend.