Export thread

briggs & stratton 675 series

S

scouser549

hi guys

can anyone tell me how to connect the govenor spring to the throttle i seem to be having problems with keeping the gas running during mowing

R

Rivets

There is a small hole in the plastic plate on top of the throttle shaft where the spring goes into.

S

scouser549

thanks for the quick reply
do you happen to have a foto maybe? which way would it be attached
i`m not sure if any other springs are missing

Attachments

S

scouser549

ive attached a foto of the mower, the spring is lying at the side

EngineMan

EngineMan

Close the end of the spring alittle (shown in photo)

Attachments

R

Rivets

The large oblong end of the spring attaches to the loop on the governor rod. The small round end attaches to the small hole below the linkage rod sticking straight out the front of the picture.

S

scouser549

hi guys

thanks for your help i`ll try it in the morning and give you feedback if it works:smile:

S

scouser549

just one more question should there be any other springs in that area?

EngineMan

EngineMan

should be only one if it's a air vane governor, but to be 100% sure Rivets when he pop's back in he will be able to tell you.

R

Rivets

One spring only. Thanks to who ever put the yellow arrows and letters on the photo. I can fix an engine, but these computers are out of my league at my age.

pugaltitude

pugaltitude

Looks as though you are missing the spring for the ready start choke flap aswell.

EngineMan

EngineMan

One spring only. Thanks to who ever put the yellow arrows and letters on the photo. I can fix an engine, but these computers are out of my league at my age.

Well thank you Rivets, or can I call you "Riv" :laughing: (see other post) am getting old to, very near 60:frown: all the best....Tony

R

Rivets

Pug altitude is right. I missed that. You should have a small spring going from the notch on the plastic air vane arm, to the small metal tab. That tab is located next to the end of the spring (letter A) in your photo. Thanks for catching my mistake, 100 degree heat is getting to my brain, sorry scouser.

pugaltitude

pugaltitude

Pug altitude is right. I missed that. You should have a small spring going from the notch on the plastic air vane arm, to the small metal tab. That tab is located next to the end of the spring (letter A) in your photo. Thanks for catching my mistake, 100 degree heat is getting to my brain, sorry scouser.

Can you send some heat over here then so we can have some sort of summer???

EngineMan

EngineMan

I also missed that.....and its raining here...!:biggrin:

R

Rivets

How much do you want? Heat index last four days 105+. (40.5 Cel) Grass brown, work slow, beer going down too fast. Maybe not so bad.

pugaltitude

pugaltitude

How much do you want? Heat index last four days 105+. (40.5 Cel) Grass brown, work slow, beer going down too fast. Maybe not so bad.

Hottest at the minute is 17c during the day and 4 weeks of rain.
Business has slowed right down.
The jet stream is supposed to have changed and we are due some nice weather soon.

S

scouser549

thanks again for the info
does anyone have a picture of what the small spring looks like and where it goes exactly
so I can order one... weather is also bad in germany should be getting better next week
:smile:

R

Rivets

Post the engine model numbers and I will give you a part number.

EngineMan

EngineMan

This photo will show you where it go's, just below the red ring, (right place wrong type of spring) but am not sure from looking at it if its the right one..! its off the internet, so not one of my photo's. do as Rivets ask of you and "Post the engine model numbers"

Attachments

R

Rivets

Found the part number. Briggs #690354

EngineMan

EngineMan

So spring in photo was of the wrong type, thought it was...!

R

Rivets

Spring in photo is right, he is missing the choke return spring and that is the part number I posted.

EngineMan

EngineMan

It is the choke spring that am talking about, the one in the last photo that I put up.

pugaltitude

pugaltitude

Choke return spring looks the right one and looks fitted in the right place on the last picture.

EngineMan

EngineMan

Given the part number that Rivets posted up, it should look like this.......

Attachments

R

Rivets

Gosh, I wish I knew how to do photos. It makes life so much easier. That is the spring that is missing. Someday I will learn how to do that. Thanks for you help EngineMan.

pugaltitude

pugaltitude

The picture is wrong as that spring is for a manual choke version and not ready start version that was 1st pictured.

R

Rivets

Once again I am wrong and Pug is right, the spring in the picture is wrong.

R

Rivets

Please post your model numbers and we will get you the correct part number. Don't buy anything until we all agree, if that can ever happen.