Briggs Horizontal Vanguard Twin 16hp

Butch1957

Threads
HELP : M-305447
T-0568-f1
I installed a new carburetor & adjusted the valve clearance on both intake & exhaust ( turn the flywheel to the end of the compression stroke & gapped both valves to 4-5 THEN turned the flywheel again to top dead center to adjust the other side as well ). When pulling the starter rope i get a backfire & the rope at times is hard to pull. I went to the conclusion that the flywheel key may be damaged. I pulled flywheel and everything is intact. Spark plugs are new.
Any Suggestions ?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Due ACR effect you must adjust the valves with the piston down 1/4" pass TDC compression stroke or use the old method of adjusting each individual valve when the opposite valve is fully open.

Butch1957

Threads
Due ACR effect you must adjust the valves with the piston down 1/4" pass TDC compression stroke or use the old method of adjusting each individual valve when the opposite valve is fully open.
What Is The ACR effect ? This engine is an OHV.
Thanks For Replying . . .

Butch1957

Threads

Butch1957

Threads
I Used The Old Method Route As You Suggested & Still Backfiring Thru The Carby When Pulling Rope. Push Rods Seem To Be Okay & I Don't Know What Else To Do.
Any Suggestions ?
Thanks For Your Responce . . . Have A Blessed Evening . . .