Briggs and Stratton Wanted 389445, 384445

mark112

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Briggs and Stratton Standby generator and the engine threw a rod and took out most of the other parts (cam, crank, ect) I am looking for a 384445-0112-e1 or a 389445-0114-e2, in good running order or a great price on a new one.

Please help

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The best prices I have found come from the surplus engine vendors .
Trouble is all they have is cancelled orders ir surplus end of season stock so they may or may not have an engine that will fit.
A lot of the different engine code are simple things like the colour of the trim or the type of control plate fitted which will not be a problem as you can transfer there over from your old engine.
The one I use most often is
Small Engine Supplies Briggs & Stratton Vertical Shaft Small Engines They are not bad for parts either.
Next comes Small Engine Warehouse Engines
Bought a few engine from ENGINES FOR LESS EnginesForLess, Inc.... at present they are doing Tecumseh 10 Hps for $ 195 at that price it might be worthwhile to fiddle it in to fit.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry to say, but you are going to have to be very lucky in finding one of those engines. This is due to the fact that you will need one with a tapered and threaded PTO end crankshaft. The best place I have found engines like that is at the local scrape yard, as many people junk out their gensets, because not many techs work on them. Good Luck.