Briggs And Stratton engine questions

lenorataylor

Forum Newbie
Threads
uno online
Need new push mower. Most have Briggs And Stratton engines and I need advice from someone who has used one lately.

Almost all B&S engines discharge the exhaust to the front end of the mower. The user would basically always be walking into the exhaust fumes, which doesn't seem pleasant or probably healthy. Has anyone noticed this to be worse than with a mower that discharges exhaust to the side?

I think all their engines have a .2 gallon gas tank. The gas tank on my old mower was almost twice that size. Have mower engines gotten more efficient in the last 15-20 years or should I just resign myself to filling the tank twice as often?

The only alternatives to B&S engines seem to "no name" ones made in China. I 'd rather not go that route, but guess I could.

Thanks for any advice

Romore

Threads
You are still walking toward the fumes. Unless they really bother you don't worry about it, your face is well away from the fumes.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just think about all the exhaust fumes you breathing while sitting at traffic lights or just driving in heavy traffic.