Briggs and Stratton 3.5hp No Spark

hurst1979olds

Threads
It runs after 10-11 years. Just need a throttle cable and governor spring and adjust the carb. It's hard starting. Choke flap needs to be held open to start.....any idea as to what that is??

hurst1979olds

Threads
I ordered a governor spring and new throttle cable. But man this thing is a bear to get started. I have to keep the choke flap open with a screw driver, and give it a shot of either. Then it will sputter and I have to mess with the throttle to keep it running, then its fine after that and it runs good.

I tried adjusting the screw on the side and got it to idle good and everything. THen I shut it off and then bango, wont start. Got to pull a million times, prop open the choke again and then it will fire.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Got any compression?

Did you follow the manual when you went through the carb? When putting the carb back on, before you
tighten the carb bolts, you should put a bolt in the carb throat to hold the choke flap open, then tighten the screws.

hurst1979olds

Threads
Got any compression?

Did you follow the manual when you went through the carb? When putting the carb back on, before you
tighten the carb bolts, you should put a bolt in the carb throat to hold the choke flap open, then tighten the screws.

I didnt check the compression, but I can feel it with my finger over plug hole.

I did follow the sequence when tightening the screws and held the flap open.

What is the setup for the idle screw. The diaphragm gasket said 1 turn from seated to get it started.