Briggs 6.75HP OHV on stanley 22" mower. HELP!

TravisP32

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is my first post and I never thought I would have to ask for help with a mower. I bought this mower at costco about ten years ago and its alway been a pain. The problem I have is the mover runs perfect when cold and starts first pull with three primes. As long as its running it runs perfect. When you shut it off to change bags or move the mower to the front yard it won't start. It will after a long cool down or I just pull the plug, blow some air into the cylinder and off I go again. So, It seems to be flooding. I bought a carb kit and rebuilt it. Even though there isn't much to rebuild. Still have the same issue. If you leave it sit and then start it, it blows black smoke out of the muffler. I'm at my wits end with this thing. Its been like this as long as I can remember. I have a very small lawn and it gets very little use. I alway store it properly as well. The only thing that ever went wrong with it was the key sheared on the shaft. I'm going to start to look at the rocker arm cleanances next. It seems to have good compression hot and cold. Just really looking at some advice with this thing. Just really fustrated with it. Hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
This is my first post and I never thought I would have to ask for help with a mower. I bought this mower at costco about ten years ago and its alway been a pain. The problem I have is the mover runs perfect when cold and starts first pull with three primes. As long as its running it runs perfect. When you shut it off to change bags or move the mower to the front yard it won't start. It will after a long cool down or I just pull the plug, blow some air into the cylinder and off I go again. So, It seems to be flooding. I bought a carb kit and rebuilt it. Even though there isn't much to rebuild. Still have the same issue. If you leave it sit and then start it, it blows black smoke out of the muffler. I'm at my wits end with this thing. Its been like this as long as I can remember. I have a very small lawn and it gets very little use. I alway store it properly as well. The only thing that ever went wrong with it was the key sheared on the shaft. I'm going to start to look at the rocker arm cleanances next. It seems to have good compression hot and cold. Just really looking at some advice with this thing. Just really fustrated with it. Hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks

The black smoke-- Have you ever changed your oil?