Briggs (?) 6.75 HP 120602 0131 E1 Recoil length?

silver1

Threads
My rope broke on my Yard Machine. What is the correct length of the rope to exit the shoud?
It looks like the old one was 6 feet(it did not go to the handle). How many turns on the recoil for correct
tension? I think I read 6 turns.
Thanks

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I always hand wind the pulley/spring all of the way until it won't wind up any tighter without breaking something, then back it off until the hole in the starter lines up with the hole in the pulley, feed the rope in and knot it/melt the tip, etc. The slowly let the pulley release and wind the new rope in, then leave a few feet extra, and cut it. Let the starter tell you how much rope it wants.

Then when you install, put the handle on up the rope where the finished product has correct tension/the handle isn't dangling, etc....

silver1

Threads
I always hand wind the pulley/spring all of the way until it won't wind up any tighter without breaking something, then back it off until the hole in the starter lines up with the hole in the pulley, feed the rope in and knot it/melt the tip, etc. The slowly let the pulley release and wind the new rope in, then leave a few feet extra, and cut it. Let the starter tell you how much rope it wants.

Then when you install, put the handle on up the rope where the finished product has correct tension/the handle isn't dangling, etc....

I had a replacement rope/handle in my stash. It was 88 inched long and after rewinding to the tension I thought was right, I put on the new rope
and slowly rewound the rope. It took all of the rope with only a small amount of slack at the end. I pumped it up and it started on the first pull.
Thanks,
Silver1