Export thread

Break in fluid change????

M

mowing addict

Hello there everyone im new here . i have a question but first of all id like to say that i bought a 2017 Ferris 700z in February and its now June i have mowed a few times here i own 2 acres and it just zips!!!! anyway i seem to have misplaced my books i got with the mower and i cant for the life of me remember at what hours the fluid and filters need changed for the first time can anybody help? thanks in advance

cpurvis

cpurvis

I believe you can download the manual off the Support section of their website. I couldn't do it because I don't have the particulars of your mower.

L

loneryder

Hello there everyone im new here . i have a question but first of all id like to say that i bought a 2017 Ferris 700z in February and its now June i have mowed a few times here i own 2 acres and it just zips!!!! anyway i seem to have misplaced my books i got with the mower and i cant for the life of me remember at what hours the fluid and filters need changed for the first time can anybody help? thanks in advance

I too have a new 700z with the Briggs Commercial engine. According to the book, change the oil and filter @ 100 hrs. No way am I going to wait that long on factory fill. I'm going to change it about 10 hrs. and use the Briggs 30 wgt oil. Later on I'll switch to synthetic.

G

greenguy

Initial change is not listed in the owners manual, called Briggs, they said 5 hrs.

C

Chugbug

Book says oil (I use Castrol 30) break in change at 10 hours....really easy to do and hydro (20/50) changed out at 100 hours. I'll end up changing oil at the beginning of each season