Brand new. (1.6 Hrs). John Deere z545r 60 inch oily exhaust

bennatti

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Brand new. (1.6 Hrs). John Deere z545r 60 inch oily exhaust
I took the mower out for the first time today....noticed an oily residue directly below the exhaust pipe. The oil level reads precisely full. Own a number of much larger pieces of JD equipment. This is my first JD zero turn. The grit in the residue if from the dust etc from mowing

Attachments

• IMG-0077.jpg
    IMG-0077.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 9

JD_Driver

Threads
Keep an on oil consumption. It seems as if your rings are not seated.

bennatti

Forum Newbie
Threads
Keep an on oil consumption. It seems as if your rings are not seated.
I am monitoring the oil level closely. Thanks for your suggestion.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hope you are not idling it around the yard. Run the snot out of it. Give her max revs her entire life for max longevity and durability.

I would dump the oil after every mow for 5 mows if it was mine. Get all that break-in metal out of the sump. Take your dump pan into the sun. You will see a nice glitter show.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is this a Kawasaki or what engine? Kawasaki's require you parking the oil stick ON TOP OF THE THREADS, then check level. Briggs likes to screw all the way down to check oil level. Read your stick for tips and clues.

bennatti

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hope you are not idling it around the yard. Run the snot out of it. Give her max revs her entire life for max longevity and durability.

I would dump the oil after every mow for 5 mows if it was mine. Get all that break-in metal out of the sump. Take your dump pan into the sun. You will see a nice glitter show.
It's only got 1.6 hours total on it....only a few minutes at idle....thanks for the advice

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's only got 1.6 hours total on it....only a few minutes at idle....thanks for the advice
Got it.

Did you know at idle, you are not getting the proper lube to the engine? AND the proper air to cool said engine? Most of these are air cooled. This is why I make such a big deal cleaning cooling fins yearly. Max revs provides proper oil and air to her.

bennatti

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is this a Kawasaki or what engine? Kawasaki's require you parking the oil stick ON TOP OF THE THREADS, then check level. Briggs likes to screw all the way down to check oil level. Read your stick for tips and clues.
B and S
25 hp
18.6 kW. HTR EFI/ETC. Inspected oil level per instruction