Engine Bought new riding mower and engine won't turn over.

rwmartin57

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have recently purchased a new Troybilt rear engine riding lawnmower, Model No. 13CC26JD011. Anyway after assembly I hooked up the battery and and put in gas, I turned it over and it fired and then finally started running erratic as the choke was on. I shut off the choke and the engine died. I continued to turn over the engine but it would not start. So I think I flooded the engine so I waited about 20 minutes and then came back to start it. There was absolutely nothing when I turned the key. A couple things I have done so far is check the fuse near the ignition switch and the fuse is still good. Also I checked the ground wire from the engine to the body and the wire is connected. I used a screwdriver on the silinoid and the starter turns over. Could it possibly be the safety stop switches, or the ignition switch

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Under warranty, take it back with ticket and pick out another one, or have them send out a technician to repair. If you do take it back and decide to pick out another tractor, drive it and make sure everything is working, including mower before taking it home.