Export thread

Boneyard

M

mesaboog

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and fairly new Honda mower enthusiast. I have several minor projects in my garage:

HR214SXA
HR215SXA
HRR216VXA
HRX217VYA
HRX217HYA

But I came across this guy who has a property full of complete Honda mowers that he has to get rid of. He says he has 15 - 20 and will make a deal because he HAS to get rid of them ASAP. What do you guys think I should offer? See Photo. I have asked him to send better photos of the whole group so that I can get a better handle on what he has. Just spoke to him and he says they are all complete bags and all. None have been parted out and says most have just minor issues. They have been sitting out in the weather though so not sure about condition.

What do you think...no more than $10-$20 per mower?

Attachments

Boobala

Boobala

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and fairly new Honda mower enthusiast. I have several minor projects in my garage:

HR214SXA
HR215SXA
HRR216VXA
HRX217VYA
HRX217HYA

But I came across this guy who has a property full of complete Honda mowers that he has to get rid of. He says he has 15 - 20 and will make a deal because he HAS to get rid of them ASAP. What do you guys think I should offer? See Photo. I have asked him to send better photos of the whole group so that I can get a better handle on what he has. Just spoke to him and he says they are all complete bags and all. None have been parted out and says most have just minor issues. They have been sitting out in the weather though so not sure about condition.

What do you think...no more than $10-$20 per mower?

Two things come to mind , ... A. do YOU have a place to store them ..?? B. Do you have the means to transport them ..??
20 mowers @ $20.00 ea. = $400.00 a STARTING offer .. would be 1 helluva deal, even for parts to sell !!

R

Rivets

How fast do you think you can turn them over? How big of a gambler are you? What is your mechanical experience? My guess is that you could get $150-200 for each unit you get in good running condition, but I don’t know what part of the country your in. My guess, remember I’m not there with you, would be about $600 for the lot. At that price I could stick $50 into each one and still make a profit, if I could only get half of them out the door. This could be a gold mine or a money pit, only you are there to decide.

M

mesaboog

He shot me a number of $250 for the lot.

R

Rivets

What are you waiting for, if you have the capability, I’d go for it.

Boobala

Boobala

HELL or HIGH WATER, I'd find a way to give that man $300.00 and get the goods before he changes his mind or someone else grabs the deal ! .. He who hesitates is LOST !!! Tell him to hide the other $50.00 from "sweetie" and use it for a good cause, like buying HER, flowers or something !

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

At that price, I'm surprised he still has them!

Boobala

Boobala

At that price, I'm surprised he still has them!

I'll bet YOUR mouth is watering so much, there's a flood warning in your neighborhood !! .. :laughing:..:laughing:

M

mesaboog

I'll bet YOUR mouth is watering so much, there's a flood warning in your neighborhood !! .. :laughing:..:laughing:

It is, it is. Don't think I can swing the whole lot due to space. Gonna go out tomorrow. Will keep you posted.

Boobala

Boobala

It is, it is. Don't think I can swing the whole lot due to space. Gonna go out tomorrow. Will keep you posted.

By all means ...PLEASE DO !!

M

mesaboog

So I ventured out to see what exactly this guy had. He is in NH. We just had a blizzard so the mowers were under snow and had to be dug out. He had 13 Hondas a little bit of everything. Tons of Toros. The mowers all had terminal issues. There were several HRC216's. One the motor was toast and the other the deck was toast.

I took home HRX217's...a HZA and an HXA. The HZA is in beautiful shape, but with bent crank shaft. The electric starter is turning over, but I didn't get motor running. The HXA is in great shape, but engine is probably DOA. Valve cover is gone and somebody had been in there prob for parts. But the rest is in very nice shape. Perfect donor unit. Tires/wheels and hardware all good, deck, blades, height adjusters nice. I have 2 other HRX's, one of which has some miles on her and could use some newer parts from this mower. Surprisingly no rust even after being outdoors in the elements.

I also found a mulching baffle for my HR215 in a mountain of bags. lol.

I spent $40 out the door. If nothing else, I definitely made out in parts alone. Next project will be replacing the crankshaft in the HZA. Never done that before, so wish me luck. I might be showing up here for some guidance and tips once I get going.

Photos attached:

Attachments

Boobala

Boobala

So I ventured out to see what exactly this guy had. He is in NH. We just had a blizzard so the mowers were under snow and had to be dug out. He had 13 Hondas a little bit of everything. Tons of Toros. The mowers all had terminal issues. There were several HRC216's. One the motor was toast and the other the deck was toast.

I took home HRX217's...a HZA and an HXA. The HZA is in beautiful shape, but with bent crank shaft. The electric starter is turning over, but I didn't get motor running. The HXA is in great shape, but engine is probably DOA. Valve cover is gone and somebody had been in there prob for parts. But the rest is in very nice shape. Perfect donor unit. Tires/wheels and hardware all good, deck, blades, height adjusters nice. I have 2 other HRX's, one of which has some miles on her and could use some newer parts from this mower. Surprisingly no rust even after being outdoors in the elements.

I also found a mulching baffle for my HR215 in a mountain of bags. lol.

I spent $40 out the door. If nothing else, I definitely made out in parts alone. Next project will be replacing the crankshaft in the HZA. Never done that before, so wish me luck. I might be showing up here for some guidance and tips once I get going.

Photos attached:

Sounds like you fared pretty well, keep us up-dated !