Bolens 2000 Eliminator Kohler M20 engine

Bojer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am working on my Bolens Kohler Magnum M20 engine. My Kohler is the early version and there appears to be a scarcity of engine parts. Does anybody know of any available OEM valves (45-degree)? The exhaust valve stems/guides have too much play and the valve stems spec at bare OD minimum. The valve guides more than likely should be replaced, too, which brings up this question: since the exhaust valve is made to withstand extreme heat, are the valve guides different too or are they interchangeable? Regards, Bojer

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
In order to look up parts will need the spec number. also is this the horizontal or vertical engine? I am assuming horizontal as you M20 and not MV20.

Bojer

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Kohler M20 is horizontal. Model # M20QS, Spec # 49508. The exhaust valve stem minimum OD is .3088. The actual X stem mic'd at .308. I'm hoping, that by replacing the valve guide, it will minimize the stem play but maybe not.
Another idea: replace the existing exhaust valves (40-degree) with the new 30-degree valve and with a new valve seat (30-degree), that is, if the dimensions are the same.
Thanks for your help.