blades wont engage

JPH4450

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I was mowing yesterday and the blades on my cub cadet decided to stop engaging. This was after putting a brand new belt on it and mowing for about 20 minutes. It is not the pto switch. When I pull the switch you can hear the motor bog down for a second for lack of a better way of putting it. So the blades are trying to engage.....but don't. Usually this chokes out the motor unless i mess with the pto switch a couple times (on and off) and then the mower will stay on, but the blades are not spinning, the belt is not even moving around the pulleys....HELP PLEASE!

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
So I was mowing yesterday and the blades on my cub cadet decided to stop engaging. This was after putting a brand new belt on it and mowing for about 20 minutes. It is not the pto switch. When I pull the switch you can hear the motor bog down for a second for lack of a better way of putting it. So the blades are trying to engage.....but don't. Usually this chokes out the motor unless i mess with the pto switch a couple times (on and off) and then the mower will stay on, but the blades are not spinning, the belt is not even moving around the pulleys....HELP PLEASE!

Lower deck,brake on,key removed from ignition, you might have to remove pto belt, try turning spindle pulley's by hand. If pulleys will not turn, spindle bearings may be shot. Do your spindles have grease fittings? If they do, try greasing them. If spindles do not have grease fittings, bearings on spindle shafts are probably sealed type. Please give more information, model, serial number, engine, deck size, etc. Thanks