blade replacement

motime

Threads
I know I will search threads, looked elsewhere and didn't see that it is a reverse thread with bolts, but they don't want to turn either way. Any suggestions on breaking them loose? Thanks

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You didn't say what model you have so I am assuming that the grass comes out the right side of the deck. Which means you have right hand thread, which is the normal direction. you will probably need either an impact wrench or something to hold the blade and then put on a good wrench and a cheater bar.

I have seen a case where the blade bolt went all the way through the spindle with a nut on top, that was installed finger tight and no wrench used. Come back in a month later that requires a 1" 1600 lb/ft impact to remove the nut. the 3/4 900 lb/ft impact wouldn't touch it.

motime

Threads
You didn't say what model you have so I am assuming that the grass comes out the right side of the deck. Which means you have right hand thread, which is the normal direction. you will probably need either an impact wrench or something to hold the blade and then put on a good wrench and a cheater bar.

I have seen a case where the blade bolt went all the way through the spindle with a nut on top, that was installed finger tight and no wrench used. Come back in a month later that requires a 1" 1600 lb/ft impact to remove the nut. the 3/4 900 lb/ft impact wouldn't touch it.

Thanks