Biggs charing system

RoperGuy

Threads
Hello I have a 10hp b/s 252707-0132 01-8109251 I have completely rewired the tractor except the charing system, there's 2 leads (my kill is correctly set up) but one reads a positive voltage with an inline fuse and the other a negative voltage, I think the positive should go to the positive battery to charge but what is the negative voltage lead for?

RoperGuy

Threads
So I think the negative lead was actualy an AC ? Is it correct to say it need to install a diode ?

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think you have the dual charging circuit which will have 2 wires coming from the alternator under the flywheel.

One wire (usually red) will have a diode close to the connector.

That diode is converting AC to DC which needs to be wired to your battery live to enable charging of the battery.

The other wire (Usually black) will be AC volts. That usually wires to lights. If you don't have lights then just leave it disconnected.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads

One touching your thumb will be the DC wire which should go to the battery live.

The black bump in the wire is the diode.

Now assuming the diode is ok then you should be good to go.

The other one will be AC which if no lights then just tape it up and leave it.

RoperGuy

Threads
Ok so red to my battery but how do I take advantage of the black AC ? I have plenty of lights and extras that could use the aux power but in DC

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You can install a diode in the black wire harness to convert it to half wave rectified DC, for lights and other things. Lights don't care if it is AC or DC. You can also install a diode and then connect it to the positive battery to increase the charging amount output.

RoperGuy

Threads
Good info,Thanks for replying guys, she all makes sense now

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello I have a 10hp b/s 252707-0132 01-8109251 I have completely rewired the tractor except the charing system, there's 2 leads (my kill is correctly set up) but one reads a positive voltage with an inline fuse and the other a negative voltage, I think the positive should go to the positive battery to charge but what is the negative voltage lead for?

Possible help ........View attachment BRIGGS schematy elektryczne.pdf ........View attachment Briggs_alternator_replacement_guide.pdf ..........View attachment BRIGGS ELECTRICAL TESTS.pdf ......... hope these uploaded for ya ! Best of luck in your endeavors ......... Boobala :thumbsup: