Big Bee rotary cutter

L10-11xx

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Big Bee 4 rotary cutter and the shaft seal started leaking, and it seems to get this thing apart is hell and this may be some help because some of the youtube out there are not great. The first thing I did was kind of put this beast on its side then I remove the shear pin and then the drive shaft. I then drove a long pin through the shear pin hole into the ground to stop the underside from turning. I then had to use a pipe wrench on the shaft nut because of the size I think it is 39mm or 1.5 in AS nut. I may have got lucky because it came off because the rod in the ground was strong enough to keep it from turning. I next had the stump jumper and blades to take off. This was interesting I did not have a puller and was not sure if the standard one would have worked so, out came the 2x4 and two large wedges one on each side of the stump jumper, and a large hammer this unit must come off straight up and I started to pound and pound some more and then I heard a loud bang and off it came. I hope this helps someone from what I have read all these units are pretty much the same so give it a try you have nothing to lose.