Best thing ever!!!

mjn9222

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just installed some flex forks on my new Raptor SD 54" mower. If you don't have them then you need to get some. Made a big difference in the ride. I put 12 psi in the back tires and 10 psi in the front tires and with the flex forks OMG. :thumbsup:

chemingthroughtheleather

Threads
I'm anxious to get the FF's eventually but I can't seem to find them less than $240 on ebay. I have lowered my tire pressure and currently use a "red neck mod" of putting a small inner tube under my seat....it does help cushion things and only cost me $6.50.:cool:

gabowman

Threads
I'm mowing over an acre and my yard is only rough in one area where there isnt much grass. Maybe I should check and see what the air pressure is in the tires on my Fastrack SD. I've only had my mower a year and I aint ready to spend another $240....atleast not yet.

PA Weldor

Forum Newbie
Threads
For the price we pay for Hustler mowers, FF should be standard items, NOT expensive add on's.

RetiredGuns

Threads
I got the military discount on my Raptor bringing it down to $2519. I've been looking at add-ons like flex forks, engine guard, arm rest kit, upgraded seat, etc.. After 8-9 mows on my flat property, I haven't decided if I need anything. Might just leave it be and call it a bargain. I could not find another new zt mower that offered the same quality at that price.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
For the price we pay for Hustler mowers, FF should be standard items, NOT expensive add on's.

If they(Hustler) put components that are "standard" on other models/brands like muffler shields, engine guards, premium seats, etc. then the Raptor wouldn't be the least expensive high-end Residential ZTR on the market right now(which was the main objective of Hustler). Like user RetiredGuns said.....for what you pay, you get what you pay for. Hustler has been making some of the best Commercial ZTR's for years and they are competitively priced( not the cheapest when comparing to similar ZTR's, but also not the most expensive). Right now they have a corner on the high-end Residntial market with the Raptor lineup, but I still support the dealers and don't care for Hustler deciding to sell them out of the BBS's:0(

P.S.
Some of my local dealers are beginning to deep discount Dixie Chopper Zee 1's and Cub Cadet Z-Force's to compete with the pricing of the Raptors. Hustler has set the bar for this level of ZTR's pricing. That shows some clout with(and respect from) the other manufacturers in the industry.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I got the military discount on my Raptor bringing it down to $2519. I've been looking at add-ons like flex forks, engine guard, arm rest kit, upgraded seat, etc.. After 8-9 mows on my flat property, I haven't decided if I need anything. Might just leave it be and call it a bargain. I could not find another new zt mower that offered the same quality at that price.

IMHO(shared by others on the forum)...the Flex Fork and/or other suspension setups, like the springs on the Ferris, are more gimmick than functional. If you want a more comfortable ride, go for upgrading to a full suspension seat. The ZTR mower(by design) cuts better with a solid chassis and floating deck....but again IMHO, I would fear lack of an even cut with one side "flexing" and the other not:0(

The engine guard, I agree with others, is a significant safety/engine protection component and Hustler was a bit chinchy not including that on all Raptor models(there I go arguing with my own earlier post from earlier:0)

With what you got that Raptor for....you could add a full suspension seat and still be ahead of the game money-wise compared to another ZTR with exactly the same components. Your right......best deal on a ZTR this summer!! Go ahead....splurge and get that seat(now to get permission from your Financial Adviser....aka, your wife:0)

DK35vince

Threads
IMHO(shared by others on the forum)...the Flex Fork and/or other suspension setups, like the springs on the Ferris, are more gimmick than functional. If you want a more comfortable ride, go for upgrading to a full suspension seat. The ZTR mower(by design) cuts better with a solid chassis and floating deck....but again IMHO, I would fear lack of an even cut with one side "flexing" and the other not:0(
Can't say I agree with you on this.
I already had a suspension seat on my Super Z and still wanted a bit smoother ride.
I added flex forks this spring and they did make a noticeable difference in ride.
I'm glad I got my flex forks and wouldn't want to go back to running without them. I was already running my anti scalp wheels on the deck at their lowest position and have noticed no difference in cut quality

Last edited:

MPW1216

Threads
I too have added the FF to my RSD 54 and have been very happy with them. Would highly recommend. :thumbsup:

RaptorSD

Threads
They do make a difference in the ride, no substitute for the suspension seat but should save some wear and tear on the stamped RSD frame rails. Mine took awhile to settle and I still had to add longer eyebolts to drop the front of the deck 1/4"...I'd rather add the bolts than have a FF wear out in 400hrs from soft torsion rubber, I could see it being a problem should they develop a spring. Right now they're perfect, cut quality at least as good.