Best mowers on the market

173abn

Threads
IMO you get what you pay for,also some mowers are diesel powered.Check what dealers are around you that you can get service and parts from.I was at our local JohnDeer dealer and he would'nt touch the boxstore deers. russ

Georgian

Threads
I understand that you will all have a different opinion, but as a newbie to buying lawnmowers I would really appreciate your help. I have only about 1/2 an acre, and I don't need a rider mower.

Could you guys tell me what you think might be a few good choices for me? I don't want to buy from the box stores, as most of the equipment I have purchased there seems to be low end, and dies way too soon. Your help would be appreciated.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
For a push or walk behind, since you don't want a rider...
What brands are available at your local mower dealers?

Look what they have, get prices and MODEL numbers... Then do check the large discount outlets and tractor supply stores in your area... If you find the exact SAME model numbers at a significant lower price... that is what and where I would buy...
If the pricing is close to the same, then go back to your local dealers place.

My reasoning here is you did state a preference to NOT buy at the discount outlets... But if you are getting a better price for the SAME model...?

With this type mower you are essentially buying an engine and a deck... there is not a lot that can go wrong with those two main pieces... and ANY local repair shop will not have problems fixing anything that may come up... or you will find that DIY is very easy if you are so inclined... :smile:KennyV

briggs

Threads
i am a Honda fan my self i have owned many lawn mowers and to be honest ..My Honda has out lasted every single one of them ..I can still go out and start it with 2 pulls and its over ten years old now